crazy beautiful

amypolson.blogspot.com

Saturday, March 13, 2004

It's easy to drift on through time and space in abit of a daze sometimes don't you think?!...yesterday, a day off(yay), I ended up doing quite alot of random walking through London...and it sort of hit me afresh that I am, in fact, living in London! Not that I'd forgotton...maybe I'd just lost abit of the excitement, not bee appreciating it enough. I walked past the famous and prestigous Ivy restaurant...Stringfellows...a tiny door in a busy street saying 'Mr...Literary Agent', which really made me want to start writing a book! Coffee bars and boutiques and expensive beauty salons...food from every part of the world. It's kind of the little things though which indicate that this has become home...the Big Issue seller who always stands at Embankment and really sounds very odd, he sounds like he could be on a Steve Reich recording, making up strange melodies and tempos, 'you knowwww you wann-na buy, ever-rryone wants to buy, deep dowwwwn in your heart you knowwww you're gon-na buy...the big-issue...', anyone who comes to visit, I have to take you to hear this guy!
Then last night me and Janae went to hear Blindpilot, they were really good and I intend to add a link to them...they were playing in Hackney, another little area of London we got to go see...reminds you of how big this place is, and how much in the centre we live, when we have to go on a public transport mission just to get to Hackney! I didnt get anything stolen...hurrah!
Blindpilot were being supported by The Riot...a band from Birmingham, the leader singer is son of Led Zepplin (v v attractive but his trousers were way too tight!!), and they were v impressive (the band...not the trousers)! Again a complete mission to get home...had to walk a great distance in high boots to get home! But it was amazing...we went accross Jubilee bridge, it was quite late so not many other people around, and the reflections on the water were unbelievable...it was so still and clear it was like there was a whole city underwater that we were catching glimpses of..it was actually quite wierd, but very beautiful!
Ok, enough talking...now I must get ready for my shift at work...12hours, aaargh xXx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home