crazy beautiful

amypolson.blogspot.com

Saturday, August 12, 2006

So...six days, six flights and three hotles later, I'm back from Mozambique. It was a good but challenging trip...we were given the full guest treatment, which meant being put up in hotels that were really quite plush. It's nice to be so welcomed and looked after, but it felt a bit wierd to me when we went from our hotel right out to some of the poorest areas. Met lots of wonderful people, including some of the Mozambique children's parliament, very inspiring and eloquent. Amy (the sixteen year old magazine comp winner and our guest of honour) was fantastic (comes with the name I think!), and it was great to at last see with my own eyes some of the projects I write about every day. Not sure what else to say really, will probably leave it there! Really should try and sort out my flikr account so I can post pics too..I'll work on it.
Amy
x

1 Comments:

At 5:06 pm, Blogger jas said...

Welcome back babe! So glad you had a good time. Lookin forward to seeing the piccies. I've found a house(with Stephen)! Yay, one stress gone. Move in two weeks. I'll invite you over once we've moved in. Havn't had police come to throw me out of the country yet either. Although I'm now known as Fred Jenkins and am bald :)

Fred

 

Post a Comment

<< Home