crazy beautiful

amypolson.blogspot.com

Sunday, June 06, 2004

poor baby

I had a traumatic experience yesterday on my way to work! I was walking underneath the waterloo/westminster bridge thing on my way to wor, when I noticed somehting out of the corner of my eye. A baby pigeon sat, a little ball of grey feathers and a beak more yellow than any grown up pigeon, looking at me from beside the wall - it had fallen from its nest up above. It was sooo sweet - it nearly broke my heart! I stood watching it for ages, I just wanted to wrap him up in my cardigan and take him to work, hide him in a box and then keep him as my very own pigeon! But I decided that was impossible...health and safety and all that...not to mention Ryan's reaction if he'd have got as far as the flat! So I decided to take a step of faith...walk on to work, praying all the way and trusting that God would watch over my baby...like Miriam and baby Moses! I was quite worried all day at work as you could imagine..fighting of the guilt and the worst case scenario images in my head. I wasnt finishing work unitl 8...a guy I was working finished at 5, so after much pursuasion he agreed to go to the bridge, following a map to the pigeon I had drawn, to see if he was still there. Good news was brought back...he had found some baby pigeons all being taught how to fly by their parents..he said they were pretty close to succeeding...so we deduced that my pigeon must, in fact, have just been taking a small break from flying lessons...oh the relief when I found no dead baby pigeon on my way back from work...and a promisingly empty looking nest! Yay!
xXx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home