crazy beautiful

amypolson.blogspot.com

Monday, September 12, 2005

ciao

...just about the only word in Italian that I can pronounce correctly! Yes I have returned from Sardinia, where not many people speak English. I don't mind this atall, in fact I quite like it, but it is frustrating when you don't speak their language and they don't speak yours and it's very difficult to have a proper conversation! Disregarding communication problems we had a lovely holiday...highlights (high can be translated as 'interesting and memorable' in some of the following cases) included a minor car accident, a very good tan (for me!), gashing my leg on a rock and then watch as it got more and more green over the next 10 days, lots of glorious sunshine, new italian silk underwear, experiencing sea sickness for the first time in my life (and suffering the indignity of a very attractive brazilian diving instructor pouring water out of a flipper onto my head to try and make me feel better), the novelty of having a baby geco as a pet for the week, good food and wine, italian antique stalls, our lovely lovely apartment landlords - Giovanna and Mereul, and the mediterranean sea...and lots of it. It was a lovely holiday, I would recommend Sardinia as a place to visit, but learn some Italian first.
America on wednesday...September is turning out to be a good month this year!
xXx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home