crazy beautiful

amypolson.blogspot.com

Monday, May 09, 2005

Keeling Over

Well, I just got back last night from a weekend of fun and frolics at that highly esteemed institute of education – Keele University. I wonder if you ever stop missing uni? Or is it just Keele? My respect for Keele as a place of learning was only further reinforced this weekend…to the illustrious list of things I have learnt at Keele can be added this: it was in fact Peter Kay and NOT Johnny Vegas (as I thought) OR Johnny Kay (as fellow blonde Lorna thought) that recently re-released that most classic of tunes (show me the way to aamariillooo…). And, furthermore, he doesn’t even sing the thing – he just mimes to the original and does that stupid chicken-arm dance, what a fake! Just thought I’d share that nugget of knowledge with you all at home.
I also learnt a lot about rugby – which is apt as it was rugby 7’s weekend (quote of the weekend: “I just don’t understand…I don’t get it. Why do people keep jumping on me and why is there a big ‘H’ on the field?…” – said by one of the Keele hockey players who just couldn’t get the hang of rugby – staggering off the pitch looking a bit of a sorry-sight). Previously I had credited rugby with needing a good deal of skill, but after watching closely from the sidelines I learnt that in fact it’s just all about hands – hands in faces to be specific! I had not experienced such violence in a long time (at least not since the night before when I was repeatedly picked up, thrown in the air and spun around with my legs in the air at a ridiculous speed). I felt so sorry for the poor little hockey players, getting their faces squashed in the mud/slapped/punched whenever they came within grabbing distance of certain players (mentioning no names BAGGY) – it was really quite painful to watch, but at least now I know the truth about rugby – it's all in the hands.
So all in all a lovely weekend…got to see lots of lovely and beautiful old faces (although there were lots missing – you all know who you are, me and Jo missed you lots!) and lots of lovely and beautiful Keele! End of lunch break..back to work and the real world! Lots of love
xXx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home