crazy beautiful

amypolson.blogspot.com

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Que pasaaaa..?!

Saturday evening...I cant believe that after this weekend my first week on Bocas will be over! Its been great, crazy and sleepy all at once! I{ve learnt how to conjugate the verb in spanish (although ask me what the actual verbs mean and I{ll be blank...thats my homework for tomorrow!); sat and read on a tiny little island all by myself; had my room invaded by a giant crab (we think he{s still there hiding behind jeromes bed); got my first bit of sunburn; spent nights out watching sea spiders (seriously wierd things...like real life aliens, creepy!) and the errie loveliness of the ship wreck at barco hundido; had quality time with the hammock; found out (although much too late)that you need a key to get into the school (and hence my bed) after a certain time at night, and got rained and sunned on lots. Speant today on a cool catemaran with a Bavarian captain called Marcell, 3 germans, 2 aussies, 1 swiss, 2 dutch (lets not mention the electric blue speedo{s)...we had fishing rods on the edge of the boat, and caught a big fat baraccuda fish (I swear it was like THIS big)...I felt so sorry for it, it was beihng dragged along behind the catameran like a jet ski, fighting for its life, was all very dramatic...in the end it did break free, aided by Marcell who said that ones that big dont taste too good, so it lived to tell the tale - and so did I! We went snorkelling too, and then the sunshine turned to silver (I love it when that happens here) and we had a biig storm...lots of rain and thunder, very exciting when the mast of your boat is the tallest metal thing (the only metal thing) for miles and miles around...luckily Marcell was expert at dodging the worst of it, so all was well!! So yeah..this is abit of a rough synopsis but just wanted to update everyone! Its really cool, I love it here, Id forgotton just how much! Its wierd...big turn over of people at the school this weekend, about 5 people leaving and then new people arriving...which is kind of sad, but thats the way it is. So I{ll be one of the ones in the know next week...scary stuff! Anyway...keep me updated with how you all are and how things are wherever you are. Lots of love
xXx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home