crazy beautiful

amypolson.blogspot.com

Monday, June 28, 2004

what have I learnt?

The penultimate frontline training session took place today...I cannot believe that this is nearly over, its the old scenario in which it feels like I have been here for forever or just for a week or so...and I cant quite make my mind up which!
Steve (Chalke) took us for the evening session (after an excellent session on social justice by lovely Jenny and another guy called Glen, both from
  • here
  • ). He started by splitting us into groups and getting us to chat about what we've loved about this year, what we havent loved about this year, and what we've learnt from this year.
    What have I learnt? I gave 2 answers to my group, Ive learnt to persivere in being who I am even when it doesnt seem to fit in...and Ive learnt that, wonderfully and fearfully made as I am, I cant do it (whatever "it" may be) in my own strength...it just aint happening. Both good answers, both true. But then came to feed back, to sharing with the rest of the room, if we wanted, something we'd learnt. I completely forgot what I'd said in my group - and all that was in my head was this : I have learnt that life can be hard, even though I am blessed and loved beyond understanding, live a life bursting with potential and opportunity and friends...it is hard sometimes. Part of me wants to fight against it and say no this shouldnt be hard, I'm being pathetic, and really I have no idea what suffering is, what pain is. And maybe compared to some people I dont. But that has been my lesson this year - life is sometimes hard. And I think its a lesson I needed to learn. My faith is going to be stronger for learning to acknowledge this I think...in the end. It will be older and abit more weathered, but it will be stronger.
    xXx

    1 Comments:

    At 8:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Cool blog you have. I have a different cellos
    related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is different cellos

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home