crazy beautiful

amypolson.blogspot.com

Friday, September 16, 2005

Are we nearly there yet?

Yes - nearly! After over 35 hours travelling, I have just woken up in a very nice youth hostel in Portland, Oregon. Janae's coming to pick me up at 10, then it's on to Bend for the wedding happenings, all fun - especialy now I've had sleep (towards the end of last night it was not really fun anymore).
Just a quick share - wass skimming through a book marked 'ead stories of travellers from the past' (or something to that effect) - in which people over the last few years have been pouring out their innermost thoughts an feelings, for everybody else to read, in the form of song lyrics, poems, prose etc. Anyway, I come to a page with a short comment saying "Other than breathing, this hostel is the most essential thing I've ever done. When I die, I will come back and haunt it. Signed, an english person". For all its brevity it stood out amongst the pages of Dawson's Creek-esque soul searching. Aah the sarcastic cynicism of the Brit...!
xXx
p.s. I am paying to use the internet when, in my room, I have my shiny new mac complete with wireless airport card. BUT...I have no idea how to use/install it, I didn't have time to do it before I left UK as computer arived the day before I left, and I'm not sure if I can do it over here. If anyone has any useful pearls of accessible wisdom for me, do let me know!

4 Comments:

At 5:52 pm, Blogger jas said...

Ya What! New Mac? I'm 'iBook white' with jealousy. No pearls of wisdom on the connection thing though, I just click a button on my PC and it does it's scanny thing and picks up anything that's close. If only I had a button that did that ;) Enjoy the wedding.

 
At 3:57 pm, Blogger esther said...

ooh aims far too technical for me i am afraid. but positively envious at all this jetsetting, ibook wielding, international superstardom that is your life.

ooooh, and if you can, can you buy me some of janae's parent's coffee-tastic blend? my tastebuds still remember that coffee from your little flat in lambeth all those years ago!

love ya, enjoy weddings and such, and see you soon.
xx

 
At 12:38 am, Blogger amy polson said...

Thanks y'all - as it happens, yes Si it was in there all the time I was just being confused. It's working now and I am sat in San Fransisco familiarising myself with my computer and the world of wireless!
Est - I'm so sorry hun I got your email after I'd already left Janae's, I might be able to get her to post some over though!
xXx

 
At 5:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog you have. I have a begun playing cello
related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is begun playing cello

 

Post a Comment

<< Home