crazy beautiful

amypolson.blogspot.com

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Welcome to 2007

Hello, and happy new year. I know I'm a bit late - but better late than never.

I'm a little out of sync timewise in general at the moment. Thanks to the dodgy postal service in Muswell Hill I am still receiving Christmas presents posted weeks ago! So, yesterday I received my secret santa present (thanks Est!) - the beautiful new Christmas album Snow Angels by Over The Rhine. Over The Rhine is a special band/group in my opinion - rarely do I come across musicians who can involve you in their story through their art in as clear a way as they do. If you haven't discovered them yet, seek them out. Snow Angels is very lovely, and I'm listening to it despite it not being Christmas anymore. In the notes, Linford Detweiler writes the following about his new house, which is so lovely that I'm going to share it...

'It was a dream to land in a place like this, plant our feet on a piece of earth surrounded by a few tall trees, trees that have been alive a lot longer than we have. Apart from good music, the sound of the wind moving through the pines next to the back porch may be as close as we've come to the sound of the Holy Spirit moving...'

Happy 2007,

Amy
xx

2 Comments:

At 4:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy. Happy new year to you. I have tagged you, which I think means you must respond. See my blog for details.
Hope all is well.

Pete

 
At 8:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy new year. Check out Bruce Cockburn for great music too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home