crazy beautiful

amypolson.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

just quickly...

I just found out that I have passed my six month probation (yes it really has been six months!) - so I am now an official employee of World Vision UK!
Secondly...I found this really good quote (slightly cut down for the sake of my word count!) on trade and consumerism from Ms Body Shop Anita Roddick. I used it for something I'm doing at work and thought I'd share it with you too...

“What is missing is the real belief that business should be about public good rather than private greed. Whatever law this country gives or puts in place to protect my health or the environment, if it gets in the way of trade it is suppressed….So who’s going to control this most powerful of institutions? The business is more powerful than politics and it’s more powerful than religion….It’s going to be the vigilante consumer….Be an irritant – if you think you’re too small to be effective then you’ve never been to bed with a mosquito”.

I found this on a DVD called 1 Giant Leap - a musical/visual/verbal look at various different current subjects including money, time, masks... compiled with the help of Faithless, there's some really good stuff on it.

xXx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home