crazy beautiful

amypolson.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

changes come

Well, Miss Janae is now no longer - she's a Mrs! Which is quite scary. The drive from Portland to Bend was lovely, both in terms of scenery and in that I was reunited with a good friend that I haven't seen in a long time! It was a great time of catching up, and quite emotional and surreal, but really it felt like we'd seen each other only last week as opposed to last year. The wedding was beautiful, held at Janae's uncles stunning house complete with mountain view, and Janae and Mark looked so happy and in awe of each other, not a dry eye in the garden! I am so glad I had the opportunity to be there.
I changed my plans a little and left Bend with Ben, Landra, Rufus and Pugsley (J's bro and sister in law and their two loveably hilarious pug dogs!) to stay with them in Portland for a couple of days. Portland is a great place, the sort of place that I can actually imagine myself living. Quirky little coffee, music and clothes shops, nice people (especially Ben and Landra who looked after me so well), lots of character and a really chilled out atmosphere.
So now here I am in San Fransisco after another Amtrak journey (afew things I've learnt about Amtrak: the trains are very cold, the trains never ever arrive at their destination on time - I was 4 hours late getting into Portland and then 3 hours late getting into SF!, the train food sucks so take your own, and the observation carriage is the best place to be - you can avoid the scary person you've been seated next to AND take in some great views). Time for the next, and last, leg of the trip begin...
xXx
p.s. I have changed my settings so that everyone who wants to can leave comments - people kept trying and failing, hopefully it shoould be easier now!

3 Comments:

At 1:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Army says Davenport man killed at Fort Lewis
The Army Ranger killed in a parachute training jump at Fort Lewis last week was a 24-year-old from Davenport, the military said Monday.
hiv home test

 
At 1:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog my friend. Much better than mine!
Still, hope you can find time to check out my Company Hosting Louisville Web site.
We can all do with more traffic and it is fully Company Hosting Louisville Web related.

 
At 8:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way!!! Janae was convinced she wud never get married bout 2 years back. Great news. Well done Janae. Pass on my regards to the camel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home