crazy beautiful

amypolson.blogspot.com

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Farewell Sunshine

...sounds depressing, but it's true. WHERE has the sun gone? I just went out and had to wear my winter coat and boots to protect me from the elements. I'm hoping it will clear up quick sharp, most definitely before Abi's wedding on Saturday. Speaking of Abi's wedding: the rehearsal fairy cakes (see picture on Flickr) turned out well and went down a storm...only 150 to make tomorrow! Good job I enjoy baking. Seriously considering pursuing an unofficial business sideline in Fairy Cakes - mine are just as beautiful as the ones in the Humming Bird bakery and other trendy (and over priced) bakeries. So if you know of anyone requiring them for weddings/events (I can do flavours/colours/decorations to order), think of me!

I discovered something exciting yesterday (in the London Lite to be precise). There's this organisation called Camelot Properties. Basically, you act as 'guardian' to some old and special building (castles, museums, big listed houses, converted factories etc.) - by living in it! Obviously they're kitted out as homes - it's really like living in a shared house (you're one of a few guardians), but much more interesting and a heck of a lot cheaper. The drawbacks are that you're caring for the propery, so no parties and minimal decorating freedom. Plus - no pets, so if I did seriously pursue it (which I might within the next six months) I'd have to hide Su in a wardrobe or have my parents foster her for a year or so :o( I know it sounds a little like legal squatting, but I think it sounds very fun!
x

4 Comments:

At 8:21 am, Blogger Brianne said...

i like your profile photo. perhaps Su should start her own blog.

 
At 9:35 am, Blogger amy polson said...

I haven considered it. I consulted her about it, and she said she'd probably prefer Facebook to blogger - so there may be a Princess Satsuma coming soon to Facebook...x

 
At 3:50 pm, Blogger Telfy said...

loved the photos of Abi's wedding! Looked like a lovely day... and your dress looked fab to!

xxxx

 
At 1:01 am, Blogger jas said...

I know some peeps that do that 'guardian' thing in a pub in south London somewhere. They basically have this huge pub that isn't a pub anymore all to themselves. All they have to do is live in it until the developers develop it. I also know someone that almost got a huge mansion in Primrose Hill the same way. Cool idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home