crazy beautiful

amypolson.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Going, going...

Well I blinked, and almost a month flew by like a pretty little (fast) bird...

I journeyed to Northern Ireland to pick up my car, and much fun it was too. I nearly (oh so nearly) missed my flight out, but didn't (challenge no. 1 successfully met). Stayed with lovely Esther and Catherine, and also met up with very old friend Rick (who I hadn't seen for yeearrrrs) and quite old friend Si. The weather was positively Mediterranean - so we went to beaches, walking and picnic-ing, and it was lovely. I collected my new car (challenge no. 2 successfully met), and decided he should be called Igor (losely derived from his number plate) - he is most wonderful and drives like a dream, if only I could park him (challenge 3. - success pending). My long-suffering Dad flew out on the Saturday to be my drivers-mate, I picked him up Sunday morning (4:30am - hideous) and we drove back home (via a silver-lit ferry from Dublin to Holyhead). It was exhausting but, all in all, a lovely time. There's some pics on my Flickr account - all taken on my new camera (good bye camera-phone).

So, we're nearing the end of June and I am in my last week of working for World Vision. It's sad. Am trying to make the most of it though - and it's made happier by the knowledge that I've made some life-long friends during my time there :o)

Saturday is Pam's wedding, so Igor and I will be going North- it's scary when someone you've known since age 11 gets married (somehow considerably more scary than when someone you've known since age 18 gets married). It will be good - and a chance to catch up with lots of people.

Then, hot on the heels of the wedding, I start my new job on Monday. It's odd - I keep sitting at my desk this week, thinking things like "wow, this time next week I'll be sat at an alien desk - one that is TIDY and without two and a half years worth of clutter". Oh how I will miss my clutter. It's a jolly good job I have the capacity to create clutter faster than anyone I've ever met. It's a bit scary though - I won't know where to make tea and coffee, where to eat lunch, won't remember people's names for at least the first six weeks (and they won't remember mine), I'll keep looking up to say something random to Adrian and he won't be there...so strange.

Anyway, will go now - before I scare myself. Hope you're well xx

2 Comments:

At 9:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In some strange way I will miss all your clutter. It's a sort of Linus type security blanket: oh, Amy's not in the office today but your clutter comforts me by whispering "Ah, but she will be soon; d'ya mind if we shuffle a bit closer?"

Ultimately I think it's the fact that it will just not be the same without you, knowing you will not be returning.

I'm going to miss you, for lots of reasons - too inexplicable to explain and yet too painfully salient to say.

Adrian :_-(

 
At 4:34 pm, Blogger Telfy said...

Hi hello amy!
How is the new joby job going? you must have been at it a few weeks now. Do hope it is most marvelous and there are lots of nice friendly people around!

xxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home